Re: API proposal for libgimp export dialog

On 07/14/2009 10:47 PM, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 2009-07-14 at 12:44 +0200, Martin Nordholts wrote:
>

>> Continuing the work on
>> http://gui.gimp.org/index.php/Save_%2B_export_specification , here is my
>> API proposal for common export dialog logic to be shared by file format
>> plug-ins:
>>
>>     GtkWidget * gimp_export_dialog_new (const gchar *format_name,
>>                                         const gchar *role,
>>                                         const gchar *help_id);
>>

> That's fine, but it doesn't deal with the problem of how the file
> plug-in deals with the actual export. So far the gimp_export_image()
> functions does take care of all the nasty details. We definitely don't
> want to duplicate that code all over the place.

The plan is to let plug-ins still use gimp_export_image() for creating
an image suitable for exporting, it's just that we will remove that
function's bad habit of asking annoying questions in the process. This
is slight change in API semantics, but the ABI/API is still unchanged
and I don't consider this a problem.

  / Martin