where to put widgets for plugins

Hi,

I wonder where I can put and compile a widget I've written for the
metadata browser. It's a GtkEntry widget which is "linked" to the
XMPModel. The entry takes three parameters in the constructor, the
property, the schema and the XMPModel as a data type.

If I put the widget into libgimpwidgets, I probably have to link it
against the xmp_model which is defined in a plug-in.
If I leave the widget in my metadata plug-in, I need to change the
Makefile to use the widget. Any trials I've done so far were not
successful.

Maybe the widget should be more general. Because the XMPModel is storing
the data in a GtkTreeModel, the widget could be initialized with a
GtkTreeModel, rather providing the whole XMPModel.

I'm a bit clueless here what the best solution would be.

Cheers for any suggestions,
--
Roman Joost
www: http://www.romanofski.de