Re: New color mode

On Mon, 29 Jun 2009, Emil Assarsson wrote:

> I'm interested in writing a new color mode for gimp. I find the normal
> too saturated and would like to make a new more vivid.

Hmmm...

Saturation (at least in the HSV model) is pretty much a synonym
for vividness.

Are you talking about what you see when you print it out?  Is it
too dark or muddy?  That can also be called saturation, but it's
a different concept, and may be better discussed by the folks
involved in Gutenprint.

If I don't have that right, you might want to look at the
following site:

<http://dba.med.sc.edu/price/irf/Adobe_tg/models/munsell.html>

and make sure you've got the right term.

--
| Andrew A. Gill     To ensure continued quality of service,   |
|                    this e-mail is being monitored by the NSA |