Implement pen/cursor movement smoothing (.diff patch link included)?

Hello,

I think GIMP lacks an extremely useful feature for graphics tablet
users. That's stroke/movement smoothing.

Graphics tablets can be very slippery and very slow and precise movement
control may require a lot of effort. My suggestion is to add an
"inertia" (mass) or smoothing feature in one of the next version of GIMP
in order to solve this problem for certain users.

A good example of this implementation can be found in Inkscape, where
for certain tools there's a "mass" parameter which the higher it is, the
more movement smoothing is applied.

A japanese programmer has made a source code modification (patch) which
enables this feature on GIMP by apply the moving average of cursor
movement. The patch (diff file) for version 2.6.6 can be found here:

http://sourceforge.jp/projects/gimp-painter/releases/
The filename is "gimp-painter--20090618.diff"

The page (and its referring one) unfortunately is completely in
japanese. The diff file patch actually contains two modifications:
G-Pen, which is the patch for movement smoothing, and MixBrush, which
enables a more advanced paintbrush blending feature, but it's not the
scope of this email to speak about that.

I don't know much about programming, but maybe an experienced GIMP coder
can take a look at it and tell if it could be possible to implement it
soon on future versions of GIMP? I think it would be a great feature to
have for tablet users.

Thanks for your time,
SHIRAKAWA Akira