Re: Genetic Python plugin - faster draw and fill

Freddy (bigbadwolf21@xxxxxx) wrote (in part)  (on 2009-06-19 at 05:25):
> maybe you have read about Roger Alsings "Evolution of Mona Lisa" (
> http://rogeralsing.com/2008/12/07/genetic-programming-evolution-of-mona-lisa/
> ). I am trying to write a plugin (script) for GIMP that does
> something like this. The plugin should create a lot (maybe 500000 to
> 1000000) generations of new images and try to resemble the original
> image as much as possible using only polygons(each generation
> consists of 1 to 10 images, and "dies" as soon as a new generation is
> born, so I dont plan on having a million images open at the same time
> ;) .

Have you considered ImageMagik? I'm not well-qualified at either scripting Gimp nor anything but simplest tasks in ImageMagik (just lurk on the IM-list) but the tasks you describe *might* be possible in it and possibly somewhat quicker?

Basically its working like I want - I can create new images, create a selection based on evolved points using gimp_free_select and fill the selection in the right color and opacity. And in the end I get something that looks like Roger Alsings Mona Lisa. ( http://sanguis-lunae.de/Uni/ml5-10000.bmp is what I get after 10000 generations)

btw: the image link you gave and the upper level of your URL both fail to load. Are they working?
--
Regards ... Alec   (buralex@gmail & WinLiveMess - alec.m.burgess@skype)