Re: Wanted: Gimp Modification for Kids Product

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 01:15:23PM -0400, Jackson Tam wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Thanks for all your help and replies.
>
> I downloaded TuxPaint and gave it a try. The interface is
> straightforward but the process of getting JPEG's from the digital
> camera we're selling into PNG format and then into the proper folder in
> order to open the files seems like a lot of work. (We're using Windows).

It is too bad "folder actions" aren't a part of Windows, it would turn
things into a 5 minutes task to get automated conversion / file moving
working from then on.

I wouldn't give up on TuxPain so quickly, they've done the hard part
for you already (making an interface a developmentally delayed
3-year-old can use (speaking from personal experience)).  The
conversion/moving is the easy bit.

Jeff

"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over
 the man who cannot read them."
 -- Mark Twain