Re: Please, Please Bring Back Old GIMP.

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 9:41 AM, Sparr <sparr0@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I disagree with "of course" and "naturally".  When I close [child/sub]
> windows[/tabs] in most applications, then reopen the [functionally]
> same window, I expect it to come back in the same state it was in when
> I closed it.  I regularly open and close the dockable windows, and
> add/remove things to them, and the amnesiac nature of all apsects of
> this process is very annoying.
This issue was actually discussed before -- IIRC it was decided that
implementing this behaviour would cause even more confusion
(essentially because the 'functionally' same dockable is not actually
the same dockable. The other technical problem is that there can be
more than one instance of some dockables instantiated, in which case
there is no clear way to decide which 'old' positioning and parameters
to use.. this would certainly be very confusing.)