Re: [wish] when pasting without any reference use mouse cursor position

Maciej Pilichowski wrote:
> So my workflow would be like this (option b):
> * copy
> * paste
> * confirm
> * paste
> * <ctrl+shift+h> (this will move the block from its initial position
> to the position of the mouse)
>
> ctrl+shift+h is of course just an example. Sticky dragging is similar,
> it "glues" the block to the mouse, so you don't need to hold LMB
> while dragging (relief for users with even RSI).
>
> User in such case could choose whatever fit the best current
> situation.
>
> What do you think?

I think the concept your propose is interesting, but I also feel it is
highly optimized for your own workflow, and doing interaction design
based on several peoples personal desires is never a good idea. I'd like
to see your proposal presented in terms of the bigger GIMP UI picture.
This site will be a starting point for doing such a thing:
http://gui.gimp.org/index.php/GIMP_UI_Redesign

 / Martin