Re: [wish] when pasting without any reference use mouse cursor position

On Thursday 14 May 2009 20:17:43 Akkana Peck wrote:

> I've found the "paste centers" behavior quite useful,

It is predictable and more useful than random placement for sure. But
with hires monitor I would still like some kind of hint from the
mouse. Maybe LMB click and then paste would do it?

So I am for dropping random placement, and using centered placement.
Then if it possible gimp could use mouse (somehow) to use it instead
centered placement (instead = on the fly instead, while program is
running).

> That said, it's hard to see an argument for anyone wanting to
> paste to a part of the image that isn't visible. Surely most
> people paste because they want to do something with the pasted
> layer, which requires it being visible on screen.

It is another issue -- I posted separate mail about it before ("[wish]
position paste block near the mouse cursor if the source position is
out of the view"), of course I 100% agree.

Cheers,