Re: Background color property for GIMP images

David Gowers wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 12:49 AM, Filipe Soares Dilly <filsdd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Unless you make a ease and nice way of swathing (or alternating) colors, I'm
>> against it.
>> When you are painting (making a digital painting or painting on a mask...)
>> in the current version you just hit "X" to alternate between bg / fg colors.
>> Its just ease that way.
>>

> I've already made a proposal that thoroughly addresses this twice in
> this thread.

I certainly like your proposal, but interaction design is not performed
by taking the best bits of different programs and mashing it together.
Just because it works well in MyPaint does not mean it will work well in
GIMP (although I can not yet see why it wouldn't). Before we know it
works well someone needs to make an interaction design analysis of how
well this will work in GIMP. Since I am not trained in this I'm waiting
for the IxD guys do comment.

- Martin