Re: New User's opinion

2009/4/9 Mirai Warren <the.future.comes.mw@xxxxxxxxx>:> The notion that a program can improve artistic skills is heavily and> typically misleading.  An artist can put together excellent works with> any tool he chooses to use.  For instance, Microsoft Paint is> responsible for some of the best creations at pixeljoint.com.
Exploring any new means of creation, digital or physical, canobviously improve technical skills relating to  arts. "Artisticskills" in general are harder to comment on, but from my experienceexploration is always beneficial.
Back on topic, I had always heard how bad GIMP's interface is, despitethe fact that I was using it perfectly fine. Although GIMP's UI is farfrom perfect, I think at a certain point that opinion has becomesomething many people trust in without even trying the software forthemselves, and what they've heard about it makes it easy to mistakeits differences with other tools for poor quality.