Brush scale adjustment for smudge tool is currently broken

Hello!

I have just been trying to get into Bugzilla, to mention this in the
'rotate brushes' bug, but Bugzilla is currently hanging for all
operations.
Anyway, suppose you have a brush of radius 16, and you set brush scale
to 0.25 and begin smudging. The smudge is performed with the original
sized brush mask (ie, still 16 radius). Nor does the angle adjustment
have any effect.

It's also somewhat baffling that Clone doesn't support dynamic brush
angle. I guess this is because of different routines to apply paint
between normal tools like paintbrush and more obscure ones like
clone/heal.
Complete list of tools that don't support angle dynamics, though it
makes sense for them to:

Dodge/Burn
Heal
Clone + perspective-clone
Convolve

Technically, it also makes sense for Smudge to support (this would
make smudge a lot nicer for mouse users), that would be quite involved
though ( as you'd need to rotate the smudge accumulation buffer as
well as the brush mask.)

David