Re: save + export...

Sven wrote:

> On Sat, 2009-03-07 at 16:03 +0100, peter sikking wrote:
>
>> no, squeezing these export options in the save dialog is not
>> possible.
>
> I think there is a misunderstanding here.

OK, I looked to much at that attached mock-up.

> What people suggested is not
> to put the export options into the Save file-chooser but into the
> dialog
> that the save plug-in shows. Not all save plug-ins do this, but for
> those that do it seems to make a lot of choice to integrate the export
> questions there.

it would certainly be an improvement to get these two
(or in general: all export interaction) together in one dialog
in an orderly way.

> The Save as GIF dialog for example would have a toggle
> to decide if the image should be merged or if an animation should be
> saved. That would also make the dialog somewhat simpler as we could
> make
> all the animation-specific choices insensitive if the user decides to
> save the merged image.

I tried out how this works right now. integration into one
dialog would work like that.

     --ps

             man + machine interface works