Re: Silent profile embedding.

On Sun, 08 Feb 2009 17:39:38 +0100
Sven Neumann <sven@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I don't quite understand what this patch is supposed to do. The display
> of color profile information in the Image Properties dialog is already
> there. What does your patch add? To me it looks like the dialog only
> becomes more confusing and misleading.

I'm sorry that I can't explain in English very well.

See the following image:
http://cue.yellowmagic.info/softwares/images/gimp_profile_status_comparison.png

In case of using the GIMP and any other softwares, handling the image without color profile is very important.
Some software may handle it in the different workspace.
Some software may handle it without color management.
The behavior of the other software becomes unpredictable if the GIMP covers that the image doesn't have profile.

--
Yoshinori Yamakawa <yam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>