Re: "quit" signal for plugins

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 12:33 PM, Glimmer Labs <glimmer07@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have been developing a plugin that involves users editing files and I need
> to be able to prompt them to save when the gimp closes.
>
> [...]

I don't think there is any way to do this using current functionality.
 Communication
between GIMP and its plug-ins is controlled by the plug-ins -- there
is no way to
send a signal from GIMP to a plug-in.  When GIMP shuts down while a plug-in
is running, the only thing that tells the plug-in about it is the fact
that the "wire" --
the shared memory channel used for communication -- stops functioning.  That's
why you typically see a "wire read error" message in this situation.

  -- Bill