Re: Artificial limitation to script fu ?

If I understand correctly, Alchemie's complaint is that there are logo
creation scripts (under <Image>/File/Create/Logo) which are quite
similar to the scripts under <Image>/Filters/Alpha To Logo). The main
difference between the two is that the creation script has text entry
controls in the dialog and they do not permit the logo being created
on a new layer in the active image.

If I am understanding this correctly then I personally don't see a way
of improving (resolving?) this situation. There is not a one-to-one
correspondence between the "filters" and the "creators", nor is it
always logical that there be one. Also, even though the
<Image>/File/Create/Logo menu is in the image window, there is no
guarantee that there is an image open.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding; if so, it might be helpful if an actual
change were proposed.