Hiring a Gimp guru

(This mail was also sent to the user list: I post it here too in case some people are only suscribed to the dev list).

Hello,

I am the lead developer and current CEO of a small startup developing some kind of cool Web 2.0 product (this sure looks funny, but cannot say much more right now). I am looking to hire someone with a very specific profile, so I thought maybe this mailing list would be a good start.

The ideal person would have:

* excellent designer skills using open-source tools (Gimp, Inkscape, etc...);
* be a efficient programmer (the best would be to have some knowledge of Gimp internals, or to have already written Gimp plugins)
* good knowledge of Web languages (HTML, CSS, JS).

The important part is that we need someone who can create great visual designs and images (this is absolutely needed for the role), but who is also a programmer, or has at least basic programming knowledge and is willing to become an advanced programmer. Knowing Python and the JEE framework (especially Spring and Hibernate) are huge bonuses as that's what we use, but more important for us is someone who can learn quickly (and enjoys doing this) new frameworks, languages and libraries. Oh, and he should be an open-source enthusiast.

As you see, developers / contributors to the GIMP would constitute excellent candidates, if they have also great artistic skills :)

Place is not important as we are able to offer full work from home opportunity to the right person, and we plan to follow a distributed agile approach for development. Small bonuses for candidates in France, Canada, the US or Russia as we have ties to these countries. We are currently based in France.

We would be able to pay a really good salary, and we are interested in getting in touch with candidates right now (although we are still looking for funding, so are not sure to be able to hire someone until funding is secure).

Feel free to pass this information along to whoever may be interested in the role.

Jean-Noel Rivasseau

PS: I am usually on the #gimp channel on IRC, by the nick elvanor.