question

hi
i work in education and, during my activities with the kids, they ask me questions about working with images in GIMP.
so, my idea is writing a book which helps them use the program. this book would be only for educational purposes, because there are not many students here in Romania who can afford some more expensive alternatives to GIMP, but their talent and possibilities in obtaining excellent results in image manipulation are questionless.
i know that GIMP is a GNU program, but i have some questions about using the GIMP trademark (including name of the program, names of menus or different procedures etc).
i am concerned about the copyright and about the possible fees which i might owe to the GIMP team and developpers.
i hope you can give me more info about this, or about the legal procedures to be followed in my situation.
hope to hear from you soon.
best regards,
irina