Adjustment layers

Hello,

are there currently any plans to implement adjustment layers in Gimp? If no, is there anybody who would like to support me doing it?

I am an experienced software developer but I hardly know the source code of Gimp. So I think I could do it with some help. I live in Stuttgart in the South West of Germany. It would be very helpful to have somebody who can answer questions like "where can I find this or that in the source code". Before I start implementing it I would like to discuss it with an experienced gimp developer.

I think for many people the only one reason to use Photoshop instead of Gimp is the missing adjustment layers feature in Gimp.
I already sent this mail once but somehow it got not delivered. So I hope that nobody will get it twice.

Regards
Manfred