Re: Help

Dear Sven,
thank you so much for your answer.
I am not yelling at developers, I am merely asking for help in a sea of misunderstanding. The entire note I sent was supposed to be a gently humorous way of attracting some attention as I was drowning.
Nowhere whatsoever on the web sites that I discovered does it actually help me find the right place to ask.
The only possible answer that I found was using the "Contact Us" connection.
Following that, I had to choose a path with insufficient information as to which would be the correct path to choose. For a beginner to find their way through these reefs and whirlpools is bewildering in the extreme. So I had, It appeared, to register in some group or other, just to ask a basic question. How do I, without insider knowledge, decide upon the best course of action.
So I chose one and sent a covering note to say that I was uncertain as to which path to choose and would be grateful for some navigational help.
I was totally unaware that I would receive such unfriendly and insulting replies from people, some of whom seem, at first glance, to live in an ivory tower. So I trod on some toes it seems, but with no intention of so doing, and with little or no help to guide me. I have ignored the first 7, yes that is SEVEN, insulting eMails that I have received, in one of which, the author suggested I find better manners, whilst then proceding to insult me again. Double-standards appear to exist in these rarified strati.
Personally, I can take the insults you and others have dished out, but I do not understand the reference to "yelling". I have not yelled at anyone, I have merely highlighted a part of my mesasge as my eMail program does not allow any underlines, colour, italivcs or anything like that.
Perhaps, if you have the time, you would be able to discuss this with me personally without any need for insults.
And no, I was not "smart enough" to go to such a site, as I was simply unaware that it existed. It is very kind of you to point out the existence of that resource, which I will now be able to access.
So I will remember the next time I see a drowning man, to make sure that I insult him from the safety of the river bank as I moan about his manners to all and sundry.
Yours most enlightenedly,
Phil Gooda.

----Ursprüngliche Nachricht----Von: sven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx: 03.01.2009 13:30An: <psgooda@xxxxxxxxxx>Kopie: <gimp-developer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Betreff: Re:  Help
Hi,
On Tue, 2008-12-30 at 21:18 +0000, psgooda@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I do NOT WANT GIMP TO TALK TO ME IN GERMAN. Please tell me how to get> it switched into English.
So you are not smart enough to go to the GIMP user manual athttp://docs.gimp.org/ and to enter the term "Language" into the Searchbox? Instead you decided to yell at the developers. I think you shouldbetter start to pay for your software. Please stop to use Free Software,thank you.

Sven