it in Windows. No response so far on the bug.

Any takers?
========

FWIW: running Gimp 2.6.3 on Windows XP SP3 - drag-n-drop of an image from
Firefox 3.0.4 does NOT work, but does from IE7. Fortunately, using Firefox
addon IEView to switch to use the IE rendering engine DOES allow images to be
dragged to GIMP (either creating a new layer if dragged onto an open image or a
new image if dragged onto toolbox).

IIRC: I'd seen somewhere (wrt to an earlier 2.4 or 2.6 version) that dnd from
IE7 worked but did not work from Firefox. I tried to find a bugzilla report
about this w/o success so I guess it had never been filed before?

When attempting to drag from Firefox it shows the slashed-circle icon.

re: Gimp-log ...
I opened a command window and executed:
>set GIMP_LOG=dnd
>"D:\Program Files\GIMP-2.6\bin\gimp-2.6.exe"

and then dragged from the IEView tab in Firefox to the empty window display
which worked but I can't find any file that GIMP is logging to. It doesn't
appear in the command window.

Starting "gimp --help" shows an option -c for console window and I thought that
might be where the gimp-log output would go to - apparently not!
All I get in that window is two lines (apparently irrelevant):
====
Skipping duplicate plug-in: 'D:\Program
Files\GIMP-2.6\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins\gap
_plugins.exe'
Skipping duplicate plug-in: 'D:\Program
Files\GIMP-2.6\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins\gap
_video_extract.exe'
=====
DND from IE-View tab in Firefox continues to work but fails from normal Firefox
tab.
=====
We need the debug output. Can anyone please tell this fellow how to get the
debug output on Windows?

--

Regards ... Alec   (buralex@gmail & WinLiveMess - alec.m.burgess@skype)