Re: Block user interaction while a plug-in is running?

2008/11/20 Guillermo Espertino <gespertino@xxxxxxxxx>:
> A better solution (and I think that the porting to GEGL is aiming in
> this direction, among other things) would be to put the filter and the
> transformations in a sort of queue, so the interaction is never blocked
> and the processes are stacked so you can continue working while a filter
> is applied.

GEGL is (as I understand it) actually a bit fancier than this.

It's a demand-driven system, so filters are never really rendered at
all. Instead, it just generates the pixels necessary to update the
display. From the users point of view, all filters apply instantly,
though more expensive filters will repaint the screen more slowly.

John