Re: Layer modes ported to GEGL, explanation of new compositing model

David Gowers wrote:
> So eventually we need to be able to construct on-demand babl_formats
> which utilize arbitrary profiles, and  have babl depend on lcms to get
> a acceptably quick transform between those and the standard spaces?
> And recognize the use of standard colorspace profiles (eg sRGB,
> linear-light RGB) so we can get faster processing for them?
>

> David

Exactly where in the pipeline to insert color profile conversions is an
open question. Some kind of integration with babl sounds sane to me as
well. We probably want to make use of caching in GEGL somehow too, to
avoid doing color space conversions all the time.

- Martin