Re: Fwd: [CREATE] Suggested dates for LGM 2009 Montreal

On Sunday 09 November 2008, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 2008-11-07 at 20:31 -0200, Joao S. O. Bueno wrote:
> > May 6-7-8-9, 2009.

> > LGM would start on Wednesday morning and end on Saturday, end of the day!
>
> That would mean taking at least four days off to participate in the
> conference. That makes it very hard for anyone who has a regular job.

The format is under discussion, as are the dates.
What do you think about proposing something like having teo "core" days on the
weekend, and one or two days before that for end usre talks and workshops?

Something like: thee mroe technical oriented, and inter-software operation
talks for subjects like GEGL, the Create Raster format, etc..all would be
scheduled on Saturday, and on Sunday we schedule inter-team BOFs and other
thing, like the in the first LGM), and thurday and friday would have "using
the GIMP", "doing great art with Inskcape", maybe a plug-in creation
workshop, and such?

(btw, at my regular job, if I am going to an itnernational conference, I can
have the extra days off)