Problem with Gimp on Ubuntu 8.10

I just installed a clean Ubuntu 8.10 on my system, and there seems to be
something wrong with the transient toolbox and docks. Gimp 2.6 is not supposed
to have taskbar buttons, but as it's currently set up on my system, they do
appear. I was able to remedy the situation by adding (transient-docks yes) to
gimprc - but most users won't know about that. Can you contact the Ubuntu
repository maintainers and send them an updated gimprc so new users will be able
to enjoy this feature?

Thanks - Michael

By the way, the new free select tool is AWESOME.