Re: Dropping two images from Gqview --> Gimp

Sven Neumann wrote:

> On Mon, 2008-11-03 at 23:35 +0100, Martin Nordholts wrote:
>> Dropping on the Emtpy Image Window opens as layers (just as
>> dropping on
>> an already open image).
>>
>> To open them as separate images, drop on the toolbox instead.
>
> I am not so sure if this was good decision to make. I don't quite
> remember if Peter suggested that we do it this way. Peter, are you
> listening...?

yes I am and this is an area that was not fully chewed for 2.6.

to keep the "see Wilber, drop files" mantra going strong,
the best thing is to enforce one rule:

"Dropping files on Wilber (==the GIMP app) will open these files
in GIMP, as separate images"

Wilber is in the toolbox and the no-image-window.

Combine that with the rule:

"drop files on an image window and you get those files within
that image as layers"

and we got two simple primary 'what you do is what you get' rules.

If there is a need for more power (a big if, actually) then we need to
investigate a modifier key for dropping on Wilber.

     --ps

             man + machine interface works