Re: Dropping two images from Gqview --> Gimp

Alexandre Prokoudine (alexandre.prokoudine@xxxxxxxxx) wrote (in part)
(on 2008-11-03 at 17:39):
> > Dropping on the Emtpy Image Window opens as layers (just as
> dropping on
> > > an already open image).
> > >
> > > To open them as separate images, drop on the toolbox instead.
>
> Doh! This should go to user manual for 2.6+  :-)  Thanks for telling!

As a Windows user had never heard of Gqview (though I see there is a Windows port available)

Original post appears to be equivalent to dragging multiple files from Windows Explorer. If attempting this it is (IMO) important to set Preferences-Window Management-Hint for toolbox to [Normal window]. If its' hint is set to [Utility window] then nothing appears on the taskbar and the Toolbox is likely to be hidden making it AFAICT impossible to drag multiple files and have them open as separate images.
--
Regards ... Alec   (buralex@gmail & WinLiveMess - alec.m.burgess@skype)