Re: Building GIMP plugins on Windows is more compilcated than it needs to be ...

On Monday, October 27, 2008, 11:00:57, steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Your build system needs work. I'm sorry you don't like hearing that.
The build system works like with most other open source programs(excluding Mozilla and OpenOffice.org). If you know how to build oneof those programs, you can build the rest of them in the same way.
Additionally, there are hand-generated makefiles provided for MSVC,though I have never tried using them.
As for why I'm using Linux to build instead of MSys, it's speed - whenI went from MSys to Interix, the compile time approximately halved,and going from Interix to Linux on VMWare again speeded up thecompilation significantly.
-- < Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://eternallybored.org/ >
You can't tell how deep a puddle is until you step into it.       -- Miller's Law (Martin's Extension)jernej@xxxxxx