A new GIMP JPEG-2000 Plugin is now available ...

Hi guys,

I checked out the existing GIMP JPEG-2000 plugin and found it to be
unstable. It also built against a very old version of OpenJPEG.

I have therefore made a  new one that should be a little more useful.

This new GIMP JPEG-2000 plugin is now available from :

http://advance-software.com/download/tools/gimp_j2k.zip

The archive includes source and pre-built win32 binaries.

To install on win32, copy everything in the install subdirectory into your
GIMP plugin directory.

No other platform has yet been tested, but it shouldn't take much to get
them up & running.

The current version does not support adjusting the output quality, but
should be straightforward to add.

You are all of course welcome to modify, distribute, use and provide
feedback.

The Windows version currently builds in console mode, with a Cygwin
dependency.

I've announced this here :

http://www.gimptalk.com/forum/a-new-gimp-jpeg-2000-plugin-is-now-available--
t35058.html

You are welcome to do likewise elsewhere, or to do anything else of
interest with this
work.

JPEG-2000 is an excellent file format. It would be great to get this work
finished, cross
platform and included with the standard GIMP distribution.

Enjoy !

Best regards,

Steve Williams
Director