Re: GIMP 2.6.1 release ahead

peter@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Sven wrote:
>

>> So, what are your plans for 2.8?
>>

> we agreed at lgm on roadmapping:
>
> - geometry tool integration
> - layer groups
>
> and another one I can't remember >^}

I really like the brush dynamics feature in this.  Something I'd like to
see in 2.8/2.10 or whatever if possible is a more advanced brush
dynamics system, perhaps even moving it to  its own dialog.

1.  Include jitter in brush dynamics as an output.
2. For each input/pair pair, have an value slider.  With just one value
slider for the entire input if I hook random up to color as well as size
I can't have it affect the size a little and the color a lot, but with
one per pair I could have random/color a small value and random/size a
larger value.
3. For outputs that don't have an 'initial' setting (size/color/opacity
do but for example jitter doesn't) have a slider for the specified
output allowing setting an initial value.  So if random/jitter(initial)
is set to 0.2 and random/jitter is set to 0.4 then jitter would be
somewhere in 0.2-0.6

Additional inputs if not already there:

1. angle between two point samplings during a stroke
2. speed between two point samples during a stroke

Additional outputs

1. Brush hue

I know in the past there were some talks about some pretty interesting
ideas.

Brian Vanderburg II