Re: template python plugin

Revised version attached.

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 3:37 AM, Sven Neumann <sven@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would very much welcome if you could change the call to
> gimp.install_procedure() to not pass the full menu path. The procedure
> is supposed to be passed the menu label only. There's a seperate
> procedure to register the menu entry: gimp.menu_register().
>

> Sven

#!/usr/bin/env python

# 9/14/2008 - Greg MacDonald

# This is an example gimp python plugin template. It demonstrates how to
# create two different types of plugins; an image plugin, and a toolbox
# plugin. The toolbox plugin only takes a run_mode parameter, while
# the image plugin takes a run_mode parameter as well as an image and
# drawable paramter.
#
# The example also shows how to use logging. This is useful for "printf"
# debugging when running in interactive mode as print statements don't seem to
# output to the console. They do however in batch mode.
#
# Batch mode is also demonstrated with a mechanism to run a command in batch
# mode if this file is run from the command line: "python gimp_plugin_template.py".
#
# If an exception occurs during plugin execution, a stack trace is sent to the log.

try:
    import gimp
except:
    if __name__ == '__main__':
        import os
        cmd = 'gimp-2.4 --console-messages --verbose --no-data --batch-interpreter python-fu-eval --no-interface --batch "pdb.toolbox_go(RUN_NONINTERACTIVE)" --batch "pdb.gimp_quit(0)"'
        os.sys.exit(os.system(cmd))
    else:
        raise

import gimpplugin
from gimpenums import *
pdb = gimp.pdb

import logging
FORMAT = '%(lineno)d:%(levelname)s %(asctime)s :  %(message)s'
# Other logging format options:
#    %(name)s    Name of the logger (logging channel).
#    %(levelno)s    Numeric logging level for the message (DEBUG, INFO, WARNING, ERROR, CRITICAL).
#    %(levelname)s    Text logging level for the message ('DEBUG', 'INFO', 'WARNING', 'ERROR', 'CRITICAL').
#    %(pathname)s    Full pathname of the source file where the logging call was issued (if available).
#    %(filename)s    Filename portion of pathname.
#    %(module)s    Module (name portion of filename).
#    %(funcName)s    Name of function containing the logging call.
#    %(lineno)d    Source line number where the logging call was issued (if available).
#    %(created)f    Time when the LogRecord was created (as returned by time.time()).
#    %(relativeCreated)d    Time in milliseconds when the LogRecord was created, relative to the time the logging module was loaded.
#    %(asctime)s    Human-readable time when the LogRecord was created. By default this is of the form ``2003-07-08 16:49:45,896'' (the numbers after the comma are millisecond portion of the time).
#    %(msecs)d    Millisecond portion of the time when the LogRecord was created.
#    %(thread)d    Thread ID (if available).
#    %(threadName)s    Thread name (if available).
#    %(process)d    Process ID (if available).
#    %(message)s    The logged message, computed as msg % args.

logging.basicConfig(filename=r'c:\gimp_plugin.log', level=logging.INFO, format=FORMAT)

import gtk

class MyPlugin(gimpplugin.plugin):
    def __init__(self):
        self.log = logging.getLogger('MyPlugin')

    def start(self):
        self.log.info('start')
        gimp.main(self.init, self.quit, self.query, self._run)

    def init(self):
        self.log.info('init')

    def quit(self):
        self.log.info('quit')

    def query(self):
        self.log.info('query')

        authorname = "My Name"
        copyrightname = "My Name"
        date = "2008"

        menulabel = "_Go"
        toolbox_go_description = "An example of a toolbox plugin."
        toolbox_go_help = "An example of a toolbox plugin."
        toolbox_go_params = [(PDB_INT32, "run_mode", "Run mode")]
        gimp.install_procedure("toolbox_go",
                               toolbox_go_description,
                               toolbox_go_help,
                               authorname,
                               copyrightname,
                               date,
                               menulabel,
                               "*",
                               PLUGIN,
                               toolbox_go_params,
                               [])

        menupath = "<Toolbox>/My _Plugin/"
        gimp.menu_register("toolbox_go", menupath)

        menulabel = "_Go"
        image_go_description = "An example of an image plugin."
        image_go_help = "An example of an image plugin."
        image_go_params = [(PDB_INT32, "run_mode", "Run mode"),
                                (PDB_IMAGE, "image", "Input image"),
                                (PDB_DRAWABLE, "drawable", "Input drawable")]
        gimp.install_procedure("image_go",
                               image_go_description,
                               image_go_help,
                               authorname,
                               copyrightname,
                               date,
                               menulabel,
                               "*",
                               PLUGIN,
                               image_go_params,
                               [])

        menupath = "<Image>/My _Plugin/"
        gimp.menu_register("image_go", menupath)

    def __del__(self):
        logging.shutdown()

    def toolbox_go(self, run_mode):
        try:
            # RUN_WITH_LAST_VALS
            self.log.info('toolbox_go')
            self.log_interaction_mode(run_mode)

            if run_mode != RUN_INTERACTIVE:
                return

            # Example file chooser.
            chooser = gtk.FileChooserDialog(title='Choose a file.',action=gtk.FILE_CHOOSER_ACTION_OPEN, buttons=(gtk.STOCK_CANCEL,gtk.RESPONSE_CANCEL,gtk.STOCK_OPEN,gtk.RESPONSE_OK))
            chooser.set_current_folder('.')

            # Repeat this block for additional file filter.
            filter = gtk.FileFilter()
            filter.set_name("All Files")
            filter.add_pattern("*.*")
            chooser.add_filter(filter)

            response = chooser.run()

            if response == gtk.RESPONSE_OK:
                path = chooser.get_filename()
                self.log.info('Chose File: %s', path)
            elif response == gtk.RESPONSE_CANCEL:
                self.log.info('User cancelled choosing a file.')
                return

            chooser.destroy()
        except:
            import traceback
            self.log.error("%s", traceback.format_exc())
            raise

    def log_interaction_mode(self, run_mode):
        if run_mode == RUN_INTERACTIVE:
            self.log.debug('run_mode=INTERACTIVE')
        elif run_mode == RUN_NONINTERACTIVE:
            self.log.debug('run_mode=RUN_NONINTERACTIVE')
        elif run_mode == RUN_WITH_LAST_VALS:
            self.log.debug('run_mode=RUN_WITH_LAST_VALS')
        else:
            self.log.error('run_mode=UNKNOWN')

    def image_go(self, run_mode, image, drawable):
        try:
            self.log.info('image_go')
            self.log_interaction_mode(run_mode)

            # Do something here.

        except:
            import traceback
            self.log.error("%s", traceback.format_exc())
            raise

if __name__ == '__main__':
    MyPlugin().start()