ANNOUNCE: GIMP 2.5.4 development release

Hi,

GIMP 2.5.4 has been released yesterday. The source code can be
downloaded from ftp.gimp.org or one of the many mirrors listed at
http://gimp.org/downloads/

This is expected to be the last release before the stable GIMP 2.6.0
release. We should be very careful now not to introduce new bugs. There
are only a handful of bugs left that need to be addressed before 2.6 and
I hope that we can push 2.6.0 out before the end of this month. There is
still a lot to do though. It would be nice if we could get the gimp.org
web-site prepared for 2.6. Martin is working on release notes as far as
I know. But I am sure he will appreciate your help. Some new screenshots
for http://gimp.org/screenshots/ would be nice as well. If you want to
help, please offer your help on this list or join #gimp on irc.gimp.org.

Translation updates would also be very much appreciated. If you want to
help, please contact your translation team at
http://l10n.gnome.org/teams/ Don't worry in case your translation does
not make it into 2.6.0. There are going to be regular 2.6 maintainance
releases.

Changes in GIMP 2.5.4
=====================

 - improved look and feel of the Navigation dialog and navigation popups
 - improved positioning of the image in the image window
 - by default turned off use of GEGL for color operations
 - moved the "Use GEGL" checkbox to the Debug menu
 - optimized the new scaling code
 - various fixes to the Python bindings
 - added Python bindings for most GIMP widgets to the gimpui module
 - merged GimpHRuler and GimpVRuler classes into GimpRuler
 - added Search entry to the Keyboard Shortcuts and Input Controller
   configuration dialogs
 - allow to drop images (in addition to URIs) on the empty image window
 - improved error handling in Script-Fu
 - merged upstream TinyScheme changes into Script-Fu interpreter
 - bug fixes and code cleanup

Contributors:

  Sven Neumann, Michael Natterer, Martin Nordholts, Tor Lillqvist,
  Lars-Peter Clausen, Michael Schumacher, Kevin Cozens,
  LightningIsMyName, David Gowers, Dennis Ranke