Re: gegl resize script, anyone?

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 11:53 PM, Nicolas Robidoux
<nrobidoux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello all:
>
> Maybe I am stupid, but I have looked all over the web for a code snippet/script/howto which would be easy to adapt to allow me take an image (any standard format) as input and resizing it using, say, the gegl cubic sampler, and saving the output image in some generally readable format.
>
> I understand that gegl is not meant to be particularly script friendly, but not finding anything on the web (the examples found on the gegl web site are helpful, but not enough)
> is quite surprising to me.
>
> Any pointer?
>
> (What I want to do: replace the innards of the gegl cubic resampler with something the code for the simplest coconvex resampler, recompile, and see if I like the results. I have already written the suitable coconvex resampler code based on the current gegl cubic resampler one.)
>
> I am finding getting gegl to do what I want much harder than understanding its source code!

When I did some simple testing of the current resampling code (some
more extensive tests with rotations showed be that there were some
flaws in the new code, but it works well most of the time) I dropped a
series of xml files into the gallery directory under docs.

----[ cubic-5.0.xml ]----
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<gegl>
    <scale x='5.0' y='5.0' filter='cubic'/>
    <load path='data/romedalen.jpg'/>
</gegl>

Then by issuing make in the gallery dir this should be included in the
generated html. Alternatively you could issue:

gegl cubic-5.0.xml -o cubic-5.0.png

To process only that file. It might also be possible to test thing
using either the ruby or python bidings.

/Øyvind K.
 -- William Gibson
http://pippin.gimp.org/ http://ffii.org/