Re: possble replacement(s) for Gimp Lanczos

Hi,

first of all, thanks for your efforts to implement better scaling for
GIMP. I am sure that the plug-in will be quite useful for GIMP users
that need to enlarge images. Have you already added the plug-ins to the
GIMP plug-in registry?

However I don't think we are likely going to add another scaling
algorithm to the legacy GIMP code base or even replace the Lanczos
scaling method. At this point we are concentrating on porting more and
more of the GIMP core to GEGL. So if you want to convince us to use your
scaling algorithms, your best bet is implement them as GEGL operations.
You might even consider to contribute them to the GEGL code base. Using
GEGL you also have the advantage that you can work with linearized
floating point data.

Sven