Re: Font Preferences needs to give user power over system fonts path

Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 1:15 PM, Michael Schumacher wrote:
>
>>> Von: Martin Nordholts <enselic@xxxxxxxxx>
>>>
>>> IMO letting the user have full control of what fonts that is available
>>> in GIMP completely aligns with the product vision [1].
>>>
>> I'd expect to be able to tag them.
>>

> Isn't it what is usually done by means of font managers like Fontmatrix?
Martin, thank you for your support on this feature request.

Alexandre, Fontmatrix, allows you to tag your fonts but I don't think it
has control over deactivating system fonts. I have tested (for the first
time) Fontmatrix 0.4.2 from getdeb.net on Ubuntu 8.04.1 and it does
bring back good memories of using extensis suitcase (a mac font manager
any designer will know) except for the fact that Fontmatrix does not
allow you to deactivate system fonts. Don't get me wrong, the option is
there, but after deactivating a group of fonts, one by one, checkboxes
are still there... and I still see them all in GIMP. Although this is
not a workaround for me yet, I will looking into this project as it is
relevant to managing fonts.

-komputes