Re: Script proposed for inclusion in gimp 2.6

I like this idea.  I would use it frequently.  In fact, I would suggest
calling it "Duplicate Visible" in the menu, and also adding it to the
buttons at the bottom of the layers dialog with a description of "Duplicate
visible layers as single new layer" on mouse-over.  As far as real estate on
the bottom of the layers dialog goes, I would eliminate the raise/lower
layer buttons .... I don't ever use them since it is easier to drag the
layer itself to the new location than to select the layer with one mouse
click and then find and click on the raise/lower button.