Re: need help with bug #464466 (downscaling quality)

Hi,
On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 7:08 PM, Geert Jordaens
<geert.jordaens@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> David Gowers wrote:
>> Hello. I've just completed the first half of the set (all specified
>> results before the patch). Currently image files total 66mb, I'm
>> guessing after adding the results after-patch this will come up to
>> ~110mb. During this testing I found one obvious bug, it remains to be
>> seen whether the patch fixes it.
>> Anyway, FYI i'm attaching the bad result, which happens when scaling
>> the kingfisher test image down to 33.33% using Lanczos scaling.
>>
>> I ended up eliminating most of the upscaling results, because the
>> amount of space used was excessive (600mb might have been the total
>> instead, before adding the after-patch results, had I not done this!)
>> Now the list of scales includes only:
>>
>> 50% 33.33% 12.5% 133.33% 3*66.66% 3*50%
>>
>> I intend to try the patch tomorrow.
>>
>> David

> I may have some spare time to share this we, is there still something to
> test?

Sorry for the late reply.
All testing is completed, I just need to straighten out some oddnesses
(a few files produced were plainly the wrong dimensions)
Most notably, your code eliminates a common bug in the Lanczos
downscaling which produces a line (horizontal or vertical) of
transparency near the middle of the image. The results are generally
nicer than the old code.

> I could empty my homepage and put some of the results on it f needed.
Thank you, Sven has already offered (and it seems he has plenty of
space available), so I decided to accept his offer.

David