Re: Gimp User Interface.

Hi,
GIMP does all the right things (and so, for example, it works as you'd
expect on Linux). If it still does not behave correctly, this is a
problem with GTK+.

I think first you should try GIMP 2.5 if you can. Some things changed
since 2.4 regarding this issue; it's possible that 2.5 may solve your
problem.