Re: Gimp Customizable Toolbar

Ingo Ruhnke wrote:

> The patch adds a very simple standard Gtk toolbar to the Gimp image
> window:
>
> http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/tmp/gimp-toolbar.png

sorry to dampen the enthusiasm here, but that is that last
thing we need, in an application of this calibre.

Just because it can be programmed and does a good job
in a mail program or a zip tool, does not mean it is
sound UI design for GIMP.

As I outlined at the LGM: vertical space comes at a premium for
GIMP. that is why all the controls are (rightly so) to the side of the
image in GIMP.

Simply said: a toolbar like this does not fit the UI of GIMP.

     --ps

             man + machine interface works