Re: Export File dialog question

Hi,

On Wed, 2008-06-11 at 09:45 +0300, Alexia Death wrote:

> > I don't quite understand. What dialog is useless?
> "Export file..." dialog you get on saves to formats that are not xcf. It
> does ask in some formats for conversion options but I doubt many people
> have ever done anything else there than just clicked export. If someone
> wants to ie. flatten instead of merge they can do that beforehand.

I don't quite follow that argument. The choices are important. Imagine
you are saving a multi-layered image to the GIF format. You get to
choose between saving an animation, saving a flattened or a merged
version. That choice is not trivial to avoid.

Changing these things is not trivial. Both from the user interface point
of view (writing the spec) and from an implementation point of view. I
don't think we want to address this for 2.6. But we can very well try to
get it done for 2.8.

Sven