Re: More intelligent user protection from information loss

On Sunday 08 June 2008 14:28:17 Sven Neumann wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-06-07 at 14:51 +0200, gib_mir_mehl@xxxxxxx wrote:
> > The current protection mechanism for closing images is insufficient as it
> > doesn't differentiate between 'saved' and 'exported'.
>
> Yes, that is well-known and the plan is to change that at some point.
> But there is no one actively working on it. There are so many other much
> more interesting things to do and GIMP only has a very small group of
> active developers.

And apparently nobody can really work on things whether interesting or not
without a spec... So how about making a spec how this is SUPPOSED to be
handled, and then hoping somebody interested enough comes along to actually
implement it? With spec I'd say chances of that happening are tenfold, and
odds of something usable coming out of it are at least 80%.

-- Alexia