Re: Paint core beyond 2.6

Hi Alexia,

On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 5:52 AM, Alexia Death <alexiadeath@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This is a planning idea for new PaintCore for GIMP 2.8 or beyond.
[...]
>      * support a dynamic selection of arbitrary purely calculated axis
> (random, iterator, sin, cos, sawtooth, box);
A 'Dynamic selection'? what does this mean? Just that you are free to
choose one of these?

* If you treat random, etc as axis, you need to provide a method of
scaling them, or can you guarantee that they all range 0 .. 1.0 ?

I think sin and cos could be implemented as a subcase of 'custom': a
custom curve input.

>      * be able to deliver constant distance and constant rate events
You mean events at a constant distance spacing or a constant time spacing?
According to what you wrote above, a 'distance' axis might be good. Is
there any other way that the 'Use color from gradient' or 'Fade'
options could be replicated?