Re: EXIF data missing after jpg save

Omari Stephens wrote:
> Sven Neumann wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Thu, 2008-06-05 at 07:25 -0400, Paka wrote:
>>
>>> the opensuse team that is maintaining gimp/ufraw does not believe that
>>> exif data is important to the project and do not include support for
>>> exif.
>> Easy enough to copy the plug-in binary from a compatible distribution
>> that compiles GIMP with Exif support enabled.
> Are you all following a red herring?  I think Jim said, in his response to my
> email, that the EXIF data always exists after the JPEG has been saved from the GIMP.
>
> --xsdg

I always compile gimp myself to be sure I get everything I want in it.
It's almost the only opensuse program I do that with.  And yes, I did
find that the exif data were there after saving to jpg; the problem must
be with the pbase site.  What confused me and made me think it was gimp
was that it started immediately after compiling/installing gimp 2.4.7.
Just an unlucky coincidence I suppose.

Jim