Re: All GIMP windows to top when one selected

Sven Neumann wrote:> Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. wrote:> > I'd like ALL GIMP windows (typicaly one named "GIMP", window> > "Layers", window "Brushes", window with edited images etc.) to be> > brought to the front (of other non-GIMP windows), when an arbitrary> > of them is selected (e.g. via Alt+Tab) or clicked on.>> We have discussed this and it would be very difficult to implement, if> not impossible. This is because such functionality would have to be> implemented at the window manager level.>> Your request is also somewhat obsolete due to a couple of changes in> trunk that will be in GIMP 2.6. For window managers that honor the> "utility" window hint, the problem is basically solved. What's> currently missing is a proper implementation of this window manager> hint in the Win32 port of GTK+/GDK. If you can help with that, that> would be very much appreciated and it would basically solve your> feature request.
What does help a bit is bringing an image window to the front thenhitting TAB twice - that'll hide then show all the dock windows and thusbring them to the front.
By the way - would it be possible to make that key (TAB) configurable?It would be really nice to be able to work in fullscreen all the time byjust showing and hiding all dock windows when neccessary, but TAB ceasesto work as soon as some control in a dock has focus...
(I guess an option to disable TAB to switch between controls in the dockwindows - which I personally never need, since I navigate the docks withthe mouse - isn't an option, is it?)
That or the ability to scroll beyond the image's bounds (extending thescroll bars to go half the width/height of the window beyond the imageedges) would make working a lot easier - I find myself constantlyresizing image windows after opening to fit them between the toolbox andthe dock so that everything stays accessible.
Just my 0.02 EYPO...
-- Kurt Bernhard Pruenner --- Haendelstrasse 17 --- 4020 Linz --- Austria.......It might be written "Mindfuck", but it's spelt "L-A-I-N"......._______________________________________________Gimp-developer mailing listGimp-developer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx://lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer