Re: Gimp User Filter

Hi,

> If the goal is not reuse of existing filter but creating new ones from
> scratch there are already at least two solutions tackling it in
> slightly different ways.
>
> http://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/schani/mathmap/ and
> http://pippin.gimp.org/plug-ins/gluas/

Well, you can also re-use existing filters.  In fact several hundreds that
have been written for Filter Factory (not all of which may be useful though)
and are either in the public domain or otherwise freely available.

MathMap might be the best of all solutions from what I see, but also the most
complex.  So far, UserFilter seems to be simpler to use for the average
graphician (I think) - plus it is possible to have filter scripts installed
in the Gimp's menu (which doesn't seem to be possible with gluas or mathmap
and which I feel is important for working with a filter that has been created
with such a tool).

But as you said: It is a different approach...

  Torsten