GSoc Mentors - Greasemonkey script to make student applications readable in Firefox

Hi,

I guess I'm not the only one who finds the student applications a bit
hard to read due to the monospace fonts which is used for the abstract
and description texts.

Fortunately, Google does use a css class to format these parts, and so
it is rather easy to change the appearance by changing the css rules.
The script below does this. You'll need Firefox and Greasemonkey, a
Firefox extension:

http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/748

Unfortunately Greasemonkey makes it hard to install existing script
files (unless they are served from a web page), so creating a new user
script via the greasmonkey menu and then pasting the following code
works best:

--- snip ---

// ==UserScript==
// @name           Soc App Fixer
// @namespace      socappfix
// @include        http://code.google.com/soc/2008/gimp/app.html*
// ==/UserScript==

GM_addStyle("div.app_text { font-family:sans-serif; }");

--- snip ---

HTH,
Michael

--