Re: Gimp-Perl memory leak

On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 23:26:34 +0100, Andrei Simion <ansi@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> If I show you a 20 lines script, then you'd have to generate the image
> maybe a million times to actually increase the swap. As Kevin said,
> there may be a leak in one of the method calls inside the script. And
> there are 104 calls.
> Andrei

I think that's the point. It's your task to find out which (if any) of
those 140 calls is causing a leak. If you can demonstrate a clearly
defined reproducible problem it will get dealt with.

If the short script needs to run in a loop that can be arranged or the
script can repeat the action if that is what is causing the problem.

It's also possible that in simplifying the script you will find an error
you have overlooked.

In my experience, there's no better way to find a bug in your own software
than to draft a detailed bug report about it being due to the other
software you are using.

As Sven said , there is little point in continuing to discuss this until
you can provide something clear and reproducible.

"I have 630 lines with 140 calls that has a bug but I cant show you"
clearly will not get dealt with.

/gg

--

   .*.