Re: ‘no image’ window: progress...

Hi,

On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 11:34 +0100, Tobias Jakobs wrote:

> - If I minimise the last image it would be nice if the toolbox and the
> layer window would be hidden too. Or add an way to see the complet
> desktop to find images I've placed there.

You can try the transient-docks feature in the Preferences dialog. It
has issues, but it will cause the toolbox and dock windows to minimize
with the active image window.

> - Do something with the wilber in the toolbox, I don't know why but I
> don't like it there. Perhaps move it in the lower left corner or add
> an different background colour.

You will get used to it :)

> - It was a little bit annoying to have the layers dialog always on
> top. That was something I was a bit astonished about because I always
> wanted such a feature. It's that I like to see as much from the image
> as possible. To have the toolbox always on top was however very nice.

We are playing with preference settings here. Nothing of this is set in
stone and if we really want to keep the defaults as they are now
(utility window hint set on the toolbox and dock windows), then we need
to fix bug #362915.

Sven