Re: ?no image? window: progress...

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 08:54:59 +0100, Sven Neumann <sven@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 2008-03-27 at 15:31 -0300, Guillermo Espertino wrote:
>> About the graying out toolbox, dockers and elements not used when no
>> image is open, I think it breaks a functionality that is already present
>> in gimp: the ability to custumize the interface (moving dialogs to
>> dockers, changing the dimensions and position of elements, etc.)
>> That's, imo, a regression. Having to open an image to be able to
>> customize the interface adds an extra step that has no purpose.
>
> You are making some wrong assumptions here. The toolbox is fully
> functional and so are the docks. Nothing prevents you from doing all the
> things that you could have done without an image opened. They do all
> still work and will continue to work.

so why are they greyed out ?

it is a fairly universally established metaphore that greyed out means
disabled. I dont think they should be disabled but the current situation
seems to be niether on nor the other and in being a non standard state
will confuse the user (as the earlier comment demonstrates).

If they are active and have a ligitimate function in this context why are
they grey?

/gg

> Sven

   .*.