Re: Gimp-Perl memory leak

 Andrei Simion <ansi@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  I run Gimp 2.2 on a Red Hat machine. The Perl scripts delete the images
>  that are created by using gimp_image_delete. Even so, the swap file is
>  created and it inflates significantly. For instance, after creating 250
>  images its size is of 2.7 MB. If the image is not deleted in the script,
>  then after the same amount of images created the size of the swap file
>  is of 900 MB.

I presume you meant 2.7 GB.

I ran into a similar thing some time ago, working with a modified version
if gimpressionist that created and deleted lots of images.  I think probably
there is a bug somewhere responsible for it, but I never managed to
figure it out.  In any case, of course, Gimp 2.2 is no longer maintained
and won't be fixed.  You'll probably have to replicate this in Gimp 2.4
or 2.5 to get anybody interested.

  -- Bill